History of Pacific Lifeline
Pacific Lifeline is a faith-based ministry and shelter serving homeless women and their children from San Bernardino, Riverside, and Los Angeles counties (and the surrounding areas), empowering them to achieve personal and social stability.
Lifeline Ministries was founded in San Francisco in 1910. It started serving homeless women and their children in 1989. As San Francisco’s first transitional shelter for newly homeless women and their children, it met a growing need within the community. Its successful program has been recognized as an effective approach to ending chronic homelessness for women and their children; it has been used as a prototype for transitional shelters in San Francisco as well as nationally.
In November 1995, Lifeline Ministries expanded to southern California by opening a second shelter, Pacific Lifeline. Again, the shelter filled a critical gap in the social services available in the local community, this time serving homeless women and their children from San Bernardino, east Los Angeles, and Riverside counties (and the surrounding areas).
In January 2000, Lifeline Ministries decided to consolidate its program to southern California. The cost of living in San Francisco had made it increasingly difficult to bring families to financial independence, while the cost of living in southern California was more manageable. With the headquarters and program located in Upland, Lifeline Ministries is continuing to provide the proven services of the founding program, empowering women to better their lives and get to the point where they can support their families.
Historical images of PLL
Todays images of PLL
PO Box 1424
Upland CA 91785-1424
315 N. San Antonio Ave.
Upland CA 91786